COVID SAFEGUARDS FOR THE FUNERAL OF STEPHEN OSBORNE: 2pm Tuesday 22nd February
This letter outlines the arrangements, including COVID safeguards, for Steve’s funeral. These are designed to
comply with current regulations and guidance and help everyone attending be safe.
We are anticipating that this could be a very well attended funeral. The churchwardens and I have estimated that, provided that people wear face-coverings, the capacity at St Lawrence St Lawrence Long Buckby is 200.
1. We are asking everyone to wear a face covering in the church (unless exempt e.g. under age 11, or a medical exemption). This will reduce the risk of viral transmission given the large numbers of people likely to attend, in accordance with current guidance.
2. Please advise us if there are any attending with special needs, including those using wheelchairs or who are clinically extremely vulnerable.
3. We have set up a live YouTube link so that those unable to attend can watch online. It will be a private link and can be found by clicking here.
4. People will be invited to sanitise their hands on entering and leaving the church building.
5. Please advise us if you become aware that someone who was at the service contracts COVID as we will need to either clean the church or close the building for 48 hours.
6. Toilets are located in St Lawrence Schoolrooms next to the church